Editorial Calendars. Did you know that you can use a calendar to help you plan and track your writing progress? By using an editorial calendar, you can keep track of your writing goals, and make sure that you are working on the projects that are most important to you.
In this post, we have compiled a list of beautiful editorial calendars that you can use to get started. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned writer, these calendars will help you stay on track!
What is an editorial calendar?
An editorial calendar is a tool that writers and editors use to plan their day-to-day work. It's a way of ensuring that they get all the writing they need done in a specific time frame, while also keeping track of their deadlines.
Why use one?
An editorial calendar is a tool that can help you keep track of your writing deadlines and assignments. It can also help you plan out your blog posts, articles, or any other creative projects.
The different types of editorial calendars
There are a variety of different types of editorial calendars available on the market, and each one has its own advantages and disadvantages.
To help you choose the right type for your needs, here's a brief overview of the four main types:
- - Task-based calendars: This type of editorial calendar is designed to help you plan and track your various writing tasks. It divides the year into specific months, and each month is divided into specific days or weeks. You can then set deadlines for your tasks, as well as track progress along the way.
- - Project-based calendars: This type of editorial calendar is ideal for writers who want to focus on a larger project rather than individual tasks. It allows you to divide the year into multiple periods (typically 6 or 12), and each period can have its own set of goals and objectives. You can also add notes, highlights or photos to remind yourself what you're working on and why it's important.
- - Collaborative calendars: These are perfect if you want to collaborate with other writers or editors. They allow you to share all your data with co-authors, so they can see how much progress you're making and offer feedback as needed. Additionally, collaborative calendars often come with software that helps manage all the communication between participants.
- - Customized calendars: A customized calendar can help you organize your writing by setting specific deadlines for each article or story. This way, you know exactly when it's due and there's no room for procrastination. Plus, a well-designed calendar looks great on your wall and will help you stay motivated throughout the year.
How to create an editorial calendar
Creating an editorial calendar can be a great way to organize your writing – and it doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a variety of different editorial calendars available online for you to choose of.
Some simple tips for creating an editorial calendar include:
- - Choose a theme or subject for your calendar each month. This will help you focus on specific topics and ideas, which will make your writing easier and more enjoyable.
- - Specify the dates when you want to work on each piece, as well as the timeframes in which you want them completed. This will help you stay organized and on track – and it will also prevent you from getting overwhelmed by the task at hand.
- - Make sure to include space for notes, reminders, and other important information related to your project. This will help keep everything clear and organized – and it will also make it easier for you to track progress over time.
Tips for using an editorial calendar
There are a few things to keep in mind when using an editorial calendar:
- - You need to be clear about the dates you want to use it for. This will help you avoid overlap and unnecessary stress.
- - Make sure that each day has a specific objective or goal, so that you know what you're working towards.
- - Take note of any holidays or important events that might affect your schedule, and adjust your plans accordingly.
- - Also make sure to include deadlines for your projects so that you have something to work towards.
- - Use color and graphics to help keep things visual, and make sure that everything is easy to follow.